Here’s who to call when a traffic accident occurs
Those involved in the road accident can contact the following competent bodies:
- call the local police
- call 113 for emergency public help
- contact 112 to alert the Carabinieri trying to take stock of the situation as much as possible by providing your personal details and indicating the place where the event took place
- It is good to remind readers that by calling these numbers above, the call is completely free.
The intervention of the authorities
The intervention of the competent bodies can be contained in three distinct and separate operations. In a first phase, therefore, the authorities try to take stock of the situation on the various elements available. Then we move on to the second phase, the technical one.
In this case, whoever is responsible will aim to detect the road accident through:
- the collection of the various witnesses present
- descriptive collection of road conditions
- control of the vehicles involved during the impact
- control of the driving documents of the people involved
- any photographic surveys
After this other phase, we move on to the analysis of all the information collected and we will try to formulate the conclusions in such a way as to be able to carry out the subsequent acts. Therefore, at the end of this last part, it will be possible to proceed with the registration for any violations of the highway code.
At the time of the road accident it is good to underline that all the people involved have the specific duty to stop and provide assistance to any injured persons as well as remove, where possible, elements that obstruct traffic.